Feb 13, 2010

Seat No.22 - A small story about a long journey..

It was 10.30 already and its going to be late now, I thought in my mind and rushed from the room. Hey auto, I shouted so hard which made 2 autos stop at the same time. I got into the auto and directed him to go to KPN travels. My heart was beating a bit fast now, because I have only half an hour more to get into the bus and return to coimbatore. I closed my eyes and was praying that the bus must not have left. After a while, the auto went near the bus which made me so happy, I paid him more than what he asked and rushed into the bus.

Seat No.22. I went to my seat throwing my bag at the top and turned the A.C towards me. I took my cell phone and called mom, Ma I am in the bus now. Will call you after I reach coimbatore,Bye. Saying all these I ended the call. Its not that i don't like my mom, I don't have balance to talk with her more than a minute!!! I took my I Touch and Started to close my eyes. But I was not able to sleep because of the passengers who were walking up and down the bus. I closed my eyes and was trying to sleep but suddenly I was shook by some one. It was the conductor, he asked me my ticket which I gave him. Sir, do you mind changing your place, he asked me politely. For what reason sir? I responded to him. Seat No.21 is a lady sir, so can you adjust with some male passengers in some other place, he asked me patiently. What is the problem if I sit with a lady, Am I going to rape her or something, I thought in my mind. I don't want to make this a big issue so I told him OK!! and asked him where to sit. He asked me to wait till the next stop so that the I can be seated with some male passengers in the next stop. The lights were put off and the bus started and I was standing near my seat. How great am I to stand and come paying 500 for the ticket, I thought to myself. When I was thinking this, one female came near me. She was dressed in jeans and had a scarf tied around her neck and covering some parts of her face. She kept her bag in seat no.22 and placed herself very comfortable in Seat no.21. I was very irritated and I showed my irritation in my face even, anyways she is not going to see my face because there were no lights. Why cant this lady sit near me, Women ask equal rights in everything and they cant even sit near a man in a bus and what the hell are they going to do with those rights ,I just thought this in my mind even though I respect women.

The next stop came and by the time this lady covered her face with some cloth and started to sleep. The remaining passengers got into the bus. I was struggling standing in the center of the bus and was a disturbance to those passengers. In 5 minutes the seats were full with passengers except my seat which had a bag. I called the conductor to arrange a seat for me. He went to the other passengers but no one was willing to change their seat because they were mostly couples and those ladies for sure wont prefer a change of seat. I looked differently at the conductor this time, seeing my reaction he called the lady and the lady got up i was totally shocked this time. It was not a lady but a beautiful girl. The conductor told her that he cant change my seat and asked her to adjust with me. She started to shout at him and asked him to change her seat atleast. The conductor got angry and said "If you want sit here or else you can get down from the bus" and left from that place. Her face went small and tears were standing in her eyes. I felt bad seeing that girl so i went near her and said very softly to her that I wont be a disturbance to her. She moved her bag from that placed. I don't think she was convinced by my way of speaking, its that she had no other go rather than sitting next to me, I said to my self.

I made myself seated in a way so that the girl is not disturbed. She looked at me for the first time very closely and ....


Will be continued soon.....

4 comments:

  1. Umm.... nice:)
    post rest of de story soon....i'm eagerly waitin fr it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. unna paathu... "ada cha unna paathu thaan tension aanaena baccha?" nu kettala??

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY MY BRO THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR DA........ HMMM... YOU CONTINUE WE'LL SEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work pal.......curious to knw the rest of the story!!!!!anywz keep up the good work .... xx

    ReplyDelete