Feb 18, 2010

Seat No.22. The end of a journey (Contd..)

I made myself seated in a way so that the girl is not disturbed. She looked at me for the first time very closely and said "no problem for me you please sit comfortably", Her voice was so sweet. Her face even in the dim light was so clear and bright. You can see her face for hours, for sure you wont get bored. But still I didn't want to talk with her because I was still angry. And she is also already in fumes being made to sit with a guy, so I just kept quite. I took my I Touch and started to hear songs. I closed my eyes and slept very soon.

After some time I was disturbed by some thing. I suddenly opened my eyes and was shocked, the girl was not able to breath properly, she was suffocating. I dint know what to do, I looked at the time it was around 1. All were sleeping and I dint know whom to call, I was in a hurry to do something but I was helpless. That girl suddenly waved her hands and i went near her. "Medicine fell down"!! she told me and started to breath heavily this time. I was afraid seeing her like this, but i made my self calm and started to search for her medicine. I moved her from the side where she was sitting and placed her comfortably in my seat. I went down her seat and searched her medicine with my cell phone light. I was down in my knees searching for that medicine, at last I was succeeded it was a inhaler I took it and gave that to her. In a couple of minutes she was normal and after seeing that only i became normal. This is the first time im experiencing such a thing so I was shocked and was not able to come of it for some time. I was still down with my hands on my head. Excuse me, Are you fine?? The voice came from that girl, she was looking fine now. She gave me her hand and pulled me up with a big smile in her face. I smiled back and sat in her seat. Are you fine? I asked her this time. I am really fine now. I usually have this breathing trouble but today it became worse because I put my inhaler down and so the problem started, I am so sorry for disturbing you. Hey no problem, I was a bit tensed seeing you like that!! Thank god your fine now, I replied to her softly not to disturb those who were sleeping. You were so sweet to me, anyways this is Priya Im doing my 2nd year BBM in Mount Caramel,Banglore. I am Karthik, I am doing my final year B.com In PSG College of arts and science. We both introduced ourselves for the first time and gave a hand shake.

So your from Coimbatore, she asked me. Yes, I am from Coimbatore and what about you Priya?. I am also from Coimbatore but I study in Bangalore. Came to see my mom. Her voice as I said before was so sweet and It was a pleasure for me to hear her voice. It was again Priya, she started to talk again, So tel me Karthik, how was your Bangalore trip, Is this the first time for you or have you been here before. She asked me lot of questions and I was patiently answering all here questions. She must be a chatter box, I thought in my mind. I wanted to ask her why did she make a big fuss for sitting next to me, but was in a hesitation and had a dilemma weather to ask her or not. Are you fine? You have some thing to ask me i guess, she asked me softly. oh!! you could have studied Psychology Priya, You are great in that I replied her. Oh so you have some thing to ask me then, so ask me?. You talk so well with a guy and why you don't want to sit with a guy?. You study in Bangalore and why are you so conservative about these very small things and all??. Your question itself has my answer Mr.Karthik, I am very conservative. Just because I am in Bangalore you cant judge me so easily. I am not that Bangalore type of girl as you think. I may dress modern and talk a lot, but I will think a lot before talking to a guy, especially. To tel you one thing Mt.Caramel is a girls college. I cant just like that sit with some one in a night travel. Will you make your sister to sit like this?? She turned the question to me this time. I was not able to answer her, The way she asked me again made me impulsive. OK fine!! I am sorry for asking like that, I replied to Priya and pushed my seat back to sleep.

Cut down your sorry Karthik. Listen I just said you since you asked, I am very candid to those I like and she hit me slightly. I was stupefied hearing what she said. Priya don't say things just to make me fine, I replied her. Hey really Karthik. I like you. I was noticing you when I had my breathing problem you were so worried about me and you wanted to some how help me but you dint know what to do, and I was so impressed by the things you did to help me. So I like you. Listen up Priya, Its very common to help some one when they are not well I would have done this to anyone. Hey, She interrupted me. Yes Mr.Sweetheart you would help anyone and even i would help any one. But there is a difference in my case. I irritated you so much and made you stand next to your seat itself, I could guess how you mind set would be at that time and when you came to sit next to me also you maintained so much distance between you and me. These things made me like you. You get it now?. I was totally amazed hearing all these things, girls mind set is totally different from that of the boys. They think a lot more advanced than the guys and they even talk with us only when they are done with their analysis about a guy, I thought to my self.

I pulled my seat front to make myself comfortable to talk with her. Ok priya, I do agree, I was angry by the way you behaved, but I am not that cruel to laugh when you are in trouble. I am not a sadist. Ok Karthik, just chill. Hope at least now your fine with me. Yes yes, I am very much fine with you now, I replied her. Its almost 3 o clock now, you don't want to sleep? I asked Priya. No, I cant sleep now. I am not feeling sleepy too, and do you me mind talking wit me karthik, she asked me. I am not so dumb to say no, to that beautiful girl when she asked me to talk.


We started to talk and we talked and talked and talked. We talked about everything, religion, politics, love, friendship and everything. She likes to hear songs and so we both was listening to songs for a while. After some time while she was hearing songs she slept on my shoulders and I too closed my eyes for some sleep. Not even 30 minutes I woke up suddenly. Even the sun was about to wake up in a while and the clouds were not dark. It was 6.30 and we came to Coimbatore. I woke up Priya and took my bag from the top and kept it down. She slowly opened her eyes, I asked her to get up. She got up and took her bag and took a comb from that and started to comb here hair. Girls are always like this, they care so much about their appearance even at 6.30. No one can change them, I thought this in my mind. After that the bus stopped and she had a call from her mom and I also had a call from my dad. We were still in our seats while the rest of the passengers were getting down. I finished my call and was waiting for her to finish her call. I stood up with my bag near Seat No.22, she finished her call and stood up with the bag. We were looking each others face and smiled together. I dint know what she thought she came close and gave me tight hug saying "WILL MISS YOU KARTHIK"!! I was really shocked by that, I dint expect this sudden hug from the so called conservative type of girl. Without giving time for me to talk she went out off the bus, when i went to call her my cell phone rang, I took it to cut the call but it was my dad, I was scared this time, if he was standing outside the bus and calling me I am going to get caught for this hug. I slowly pressed the answer button, Where are you Karthik?? my dad asked. I am in the bus dad, just now the bus reached. Where are you? Are you coming to pick me up. I asked him quickly. No, you better come by yourself. My heart beat started to beat normal only after hearing that. I cut my dad's call and went out for Priya.

When I came out I was totally shocked, No one was there and Priya was also not there. I searched for her every where near the bus and the bus stand but I was not able to find her anywhere.

I was deeply disappointed by Priya. She could have at least bid a bye to me. I don't even have her number even. She talked with me so well but she left me suddenly. I could still feel her hug which she gave me. Where am I going to find her? - These was the things which were running in my mind at that time.

I didnt fall in love with her. But my heart is beating a bit fast when I think about her. Its just fate which made her sit near me and now its just fate which made me miss her. If my dad wouldn't have called I could have talked with her. FATE played things beautifully. I was a upset,angry,sad. I had a mixture of emotions. For sure this is not love, but I dint want this relationship to end so soon. With all these heavy thoughts the journey ends!!!

FATE has played its game, but .. but.. The game is not over!!

2 comments:

  1. HMMM... NICE..... FOR A MOMENT MY PULSE QUICKENED..... YOU'VE GIVEN QUITE A ROMANTIC EDGE...WOW!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete