Nov 28, 2012

Unnamed until the end.


A bright sunny day it was. Was walking through suited people and morning shift workers. I stood right outside Stratford Tube Station and took a break to finish my final drags. Waited for others to walk before me, took the morning copy of Metro and walked into the gates of the station touching in my oyster card. Never knew that today was something of the day, which I will never forget.  Waited in the platform for a long 2 minutes for the next Underground train and stepped into it, after leaving way for people inside to get down. The tube was already busy because of the peek timings and  can see everyone covered they face with newspapers or a star bucks/Costa coffee in their hand.

I waited for some time until I had a seat and then took my headset from my bag and started to play my favorite tracks to while away the 40 minutes long journey with 2 changes in it. After a speed walking from the station inside with all my fellow morning speed walkers, I reached out of the station and walked to my work place which is still another 3 minutes straight walk. Wished good morning to the security staff who always wishes me with this bright smile and entered into the lift and waited till the lift hit the 7th floor.

After getting inside and signed into my work account and took my files and my laptop and went to the board room for an management meeting. I opened my presentation which will initially show the present status of the company and the necessary changed to be made in the future aspects. Exactly in 15 minutes the room was filled by all senior management team with the Board of Directors. One of my main issues which I took into effect was the lack of staffs and to increase the staffs in various branches to increase high results. The presentation was nearly there and it convinced the Board to hire more people in the same day interviews and I was happy for all the Candidates who were attending the interview.

I took my morning break and came out of the building for a smoke. I took my cigarette out and started to lite it when I heard a voice at my back, Can I get a light please? I turned back to see an Pretty Asian female mostly an British-Indian. I shared my Zippo fire on her Marlboro lights. She thanked me and then started her smoke. Do u work here she asked? I replied no. I hated myself at that moment for saying that unnecessary lie. God only knows why I  said like that. The course of all events happened after this, is just because of the reason I said NO for her question.  Welcome to take part in an wonderful live-life moments. Sit back and enjoy.
                                    The Moments of Lie

No comments:

Post a Comment