Mar 24, 2010

LANDMARK SHOWROOM - Contd....

“Karthik, hey idiot why are you running up and down the mall”?, Ashok called me from back. You are really acting crazy from the time we reached Bangalore. What the hell are you thinking in your mind? Nothing Ashok, was searching for a friend of mine, I replied him silently. You are bloody gone nuts, he shouted.

Here, as usual you order some thing for me too. He gave me the money and went to find a place for him. The one thing I like in this kind of places are the people, they follow queue system so perfectly. They wait for the other person to order and then only they enter near the counter. Since it was a week day there were no big crowd, I was the fifth in the line. I dint think what to order for Ashok, but Priya was running in my mind. I was angry on myself for missing her. The queue moved and it was my turn finally.

Good evening sir, May I know your order please? The waiter asked me so politely. Give me one Mc Chicken Burger and a Coke, I replied him and paid what he asked. I waited exactly for a minute to get my order. I took my plate and went searching for that friend of mine. He was sitting at the last making me to walk more. I gave him his burger and took my coke. Within some minutes I finished my coke. I was so thirsty and wanted even one more drink, but this time I ordered for a free drink, “WATER”.

Mean while Ashok finished his burger and we both came out of McDonalds. We still had 4 more hours left for our bus so we had to be there in the mall for some more time. I was in no mood to walk so I told Ashok that I will be in Landmark reading some books. So I reached Landmark again and went into the book section and planned to read a new book from the fiction section. I took a book and started to read it. The book was about a female who became a serial killer. The book was same like the Sidney Sheldon’s “If tomorrow comes”. So I lost interest in that book and started to walk into the Art section.

When I was about to take a book I heard someone calling my name, I knew it was Ashok and I dint turn purposely. After that I dint hear my name so I left and was busy searching for some books and at that time I had a heavy blow in my head. I became so angry and turned back to use the F word. But I got a hug when I turned back all of a sudden. It was from the beautiful girl, Priya. The hug was so tight and I felt that she too missed me with that hug itself. She didn’t talk anything but was hugging me for some long seconds and I was taken aback by this very long hug of hers. Hey Priya, what happened? I started with this. She hugged me exactly for 40 seconds and this was the longest hug I ever had in my life. As soon as she finished hugging I thought she would start something but as an impulsive reaction again from her she kissed my cheeks this time. I was totally shocked with this from her, but to my surprise she didn’t keep her lips long in my cheeks. I totally didn’t know what to say, my face was like I had a high voltage of shock. I didn’t want to take any more chances, this time I moved away from my place and asked her, nothing! Yes. It was like as if my lips were closed tightly by someone. But without giving me any trouble she started to talk with me.

How are you Mr.??? She started. Oh, so soon madam forgot my name even, I started with an angry tone even though I got a hug and a kiss from her. Hey, just shut up okay! How can I forget you? Why should you remember me? I asked her. I know this is a very silly question but I have to make her understand that I am still angry on her. Ok Karthik, I am sorry for not giving you my number. Mom came that day so only went there without even telling you a bye. Thank god she didn’t see me hugging you, she said and I could feel the happiness in her face and in her words too. I was thinking why she said that she was sorry for not giving her number. (I dint even have that idea to ask her number that day). You know what Karthik I missed you so much, I never missed anyone like I missed you man, she said in a childish way.
She didn’t give me time to talk; she was talking about a lot of things which happened in her class and many incidents which happened in her house. I didn’t do anything other than listening to her patiently. (Girls like listeners of their talks even though it has nothing inside it.) After a long time I had a call from Ashok, I told him to wait in the store and that I will be back in some time. I told her that I am going to leave Bangalore tonight and her face went so small, I expected this reaction from her actually. I didn’t want to leave her, but Ashok had to go early to the bus stand because his Chennai Bus is earlier than mine. So with a sad face I told her I have to leave now. Priya’s face went dull. We both exchanged our numbers this time. Whenever I reach Coimbatore lets meet there and do keep in touch Karthik. Priya said in a sad voice. Before leaving we hugged each other. Bye Priya, miss you!

I rushed to Landmark, Ashok was waiting there all alone I asked my sorry and we both rushed to the Bus stand. We reached at time and his bus had just arrived. He rushed into the A.C Volvo and made himself comfortable and came back again. We both had juice and came back to our respective buses.

No one was inside the bus. I saw my ticket and my Seat No was 32. I went and kept my bag and sat in the seat thinking about Priya. She was still in my thoughts very fresh. I thanked this bus which gave me a friend like her. After some time I heard a voice and opened my eyes, a beautiful young lady was standing near me. Seat No.31 is mine, that girl said.

OH!! AGAIN!!!

THE END.....

5 comments:

  1. very nice da.. :) good endin.. looks like a professional..;) simply superb..xoxo..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!! :) And the girls talking listeners part does it have anything to do with me and so and so and so and so??? :P and u are a big chatter box too remember :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really superb da.. i enjoyed a lot while reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously gud da!!appreciative stuff!!as i said I startd readin at 1 45 frm yr previous story n m still awake...so tats gud enuf!!

    n yr endings deserve a spl applause!! clapS!!!

    ReplyDelete